Since 1938 our Company has been engineering and manufacturing machinery for the production of all grades of paper. The origin of PMT Italia dates back to 1896 when a local foundry was created under the name of the owner Francesco Poccardi and represented one of the most advanced industrial plants of the area at that time. In few years the foundry was expanded by means of a machine shop capable of machining the produced castings.
At the beginning of the 20th century a new factory named Officine Meccaniche Pinerolesi was founded by the same owner for manufacturing and repairing railway vehicles.
In 1938 the two factories were merged under the name Officine Meccaniche Poccardi Pinerolo and centred their main production on machinery for the paper industry.
In September 1957 the American producer of paper machines Beloit Corporation extended its business activities in Europe by purchasing this Italian company and created Beloit Italia.
Beloit Italia supplied machinery and equipment to paper mills all over the world with about 85% of its production being exported.
Since then more than 100 new paper machines, 750 rebuilds, turn key projects, winders and stock preparation machines have been supplied by our Company and witness our global background in the papermaking field.
As part of the process of sale of Beloit Corporation, after 43 years of association, the totality of the shareholding in Beloit Italia was sold in August 2000 to the new owners.
With a surface of 65.000 m2 and approximately 300 employees, PMT Italia’s main activities are engineering, manufacturing and erection of all types of paper machines in addition to engineering of auxiliary equipment in the paper machine room.